Introducing “TL Network”
Vacation.com among Three Major Agency Groups Brought Together as One World-Class Travel Organization
Perennially Recognized for Travel Agency Innovation, Combined Leadership and Staff Poised to Deliver Canadian Members with Superior Marketing and Technology Muscle and Solutions
Toronto, ON (August 25, 2016) – Today, the North American travel agency industry’s next exciting chapter is being written as its largest travel marketing and franchise organizations (Vacation.com and United States-based Travel Leaders Associates and Results! Travel, respectively) are formally combining to become TL Network – now nearly 7,000 locations strong in both Canada and the United States. Offering innovative solutions depending on each individual agency’s objectives and needs, TL Network will be led in Canada by longtime Vacation.com Vice President Christine James, who now reports directly to its President Roger E. Block, CTC, formerly President of US-based Travel Leaders Franchise Group. In turn, Block reports directly to John Lovell, CTC, President of US-based Travel Leaders Network and Leisure Group.
With over CDN $22 billion in annual sales volume, TL Network is comprised of more than one third of North America’s leading travel agencies and is now the largest seller of luxury travel, cruises, river cruises and tours in the travel agency industry. TL Network Canada is a wholly-owned subsidiary of US-based Travel Leaders Network LLC, which is a Travel Leaders Group LLC company. All of the participating agencies that previously belonged to either Travel Leaders Franchise Group (Travel Leaders Associates and Results! Travel) or Vacation.com were notified on August 16 that they continue to be Members within TL Network.
“We have long been recognized as a world-class organization, offering the industry’s most innovative and honored travel agency solutions. But as our industry’s landscape continues to evolve and consolidate, so must we,” noted Lovell. “Simply put, we must come together to create one powerful force that helps each of our agencies compete even more effectively for the hearts and minds of the traveling public.”
“In Canada, our overriding focus is always based on delivering an even greater return on our Vacation.com Members’ changing and evolving needs,” James explained. “While we are joining forces with two other two brands that have not been part of the Canadian landscape, the incredible might that they offer – including innovative business travel solutions, education and training, technology and so much more – will ultimately make our offering to the growing number of existing Vacation.com Canada Members more attractive. With a stronger value proposition as TL Network, we are confident that the agencies we serve can more effectively compete both within and beyond the traditional travel agency space.”
“As we embark on solidifying our place as the agency industry’s ‘best in class’ organization, all of the agencies already onboard can expect increased benefits along with a clear vision for the future. On the technology side alone, our combined investments in the millions of dollars per annum will allow us to finely tune our focus on selling the value of our agents in the marketplace,” explained Block. “Bringing these three North American powerhouse brands into the broader TL Network translates into unparalleled cohesive strength as we work within the greater travel industry, accelerated growth for our agencies, heightened technological and marketing capabilities, and elimination of duplicate efforts from our combined leadership and support staff, who can now focus entirely on delivering the leading-edge innovations for which we’re celebrated.”
“Our marketing staff across Travel Leaders Group has been operating as a singular team for several years, and we’re a prime example of all we can accomplish for our Members by working in unison,” noted Stephen McGillivray, Chief Marketing Officer for US-based Travel Leaders Group. “Our team looks forward to collaborating even more closely with our supplier partners executing customer-generating marketing that will benefit our TL Network Members and their more than 35,000 travel agents.”
The new TL Network will continue to offer varying levels of participation. Apart from the combined organization’s new name, participating agencies will see few changes before 2017. Among the major changes that participating agencies will see include:
- Agent Profiler – By 2017, bios from all qualifying agents from Vacation.com will be added to TL Network’s online Agent Profiler directory, thus further elevating the award-winning program’s search engine optimization (SEO) for every participating agent. The greater SEO value enables TL Network to be better positioned to take on external competition.
- Annual Conference – Beginning in 2017, TL Network will convene an “overlapping” convention in which US-based Travel Leaders Associates will share their final day with the first day for Members from the rest of TL Network. The combined day will provide all attendees with a richer overall experience and more robust offerings than have previously been possible. However, Members of TL Network continue to enjoy separate sets of sessions, training and networking events tailored for their specific needs.
- Marketing – The blended marketing team will be more focused on providing innovative solutions and additional marketing publications designed to break through to more effectively compete with forces beyond the traditional travel agency space.
- Technology Access – User adoption is critical to future technology development, so as more agents are actively using a particular technology, the greater TL Network’s ability to invest and improve. By infusing a new group of potential users, adoption grows along with investment in more advanced capabilities. Improved agility enables TL Network to stay at the leading edge of the industry. Thus, based on participation agreements, agents will have access to programs including CruisePRO, AgentMate and corporate business solutions.
Travel agencies interested in learning more about the award-winning programs and diverse offerings that TL Network offers its Members in leisure and luxury travel, business travel, destination weddings and honeymoon travel – as well as active and adventure travel – may visit www.tlnetwork.ca. The nearly 7,000 travel agencies of TL Network combined enjoy more than CDN $22 billion in annual sales volume.
# # #
About TL Network
TL Network assists millions of leisure and business travelers, annually, and is the largest seller of luxury travel, cruises, river cruises and tours in the travel agency industry. TL Network includes nearly 7,000 Associates and Member travel agencies locations in Canada and the United States, and represents more than CDN $22 billion in annual sales volume. TL Network’s award-winning Agent Profiler agent-locator, marketing, technology, supplier partnerships and educational programs are designed around our travel agents’ commitment to our vacation and business travel clients in providing a progressive approach toward each unique travel experience. TL Network Canada is a wholly-owned subsidiary of US-based Travel Leaders Network LLC, which is a Travel Leaders Group LLC company.
Search by Category
- Airline Relations
- All Aboard Travel
- Awards and Honors
- Business Development
- Charitable/Community Activity
- Colletts Travel
- CruCon Cruise Outlet
- Cruise Holidays
- Cruise Specialists
- CTS (Corporate Travel Services)
- Hotel Program
- Luxury Travel Network
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Nexion Canada
- Open Letters
- Protravel International
- Results! Travel
- The Andrew Harper Alliance
- The Andrew Harper Travel Office
- TL Network Canada
- Travel Leaders
- Travel Leaders Corporate
- Travel Leaders Elite
- Travel Leaders Franchise Group
- Travel Leaders Group
- Travel Leaders Leisure Group
- Travel Leaders Luxury Brands
- Travel Leaders Network
- Travel Leaders of Tomorrow
- Travel Leaders UK
- Travel Tips
- Travel Trends