18 Sep Smooth Sailing: Top Tips for Booking Shipboard Weddings and Honeymoons
All Aboard Travel offers recommendations to take the stress out of planning your big day or honeymoon at sea
Fort Myers, FL (September 18, 2018) — For recently engaged couples, the factors around planning a wedding can be daunting and stressful. One easy, affordable and truly memorable option that continues to gain in popularity is getting married on a cruise ship. Wedding cruises can be fun, inexpensive and a great way for friends and family to gather in a carefree setting. Fort Myers-based All Aboard Travel, one of the country’s premier cruise and tour package travel agencies, is offering some of its top tips for those considering booking a shipboard wedding and honeymoon.
“A travel advisor helps provide extra guidance when it comes to planning your honeymoon or wedding on a cruise ship,” said Sharon Concepcion, Vice President of Leisure Operations for All Aboard Travel. “They have the insider knowledge and expertise to help plan your huge milestone. An All Aboard Travel advisor can assist on a multitude of levels – from helping you choose the perfect destination with the right fit, to mapping out your wedding specifics and honeymoon plans, including recommendations for your celebratory dinner venue, shore excursions, spa treatments and more. They really are your lifeline to planning your dream wedding and honeymoon vacation,” Concepcion added.
All Aboard Travel advisors have provided the following tips to ensure “smooth sailing” when it comes to planning a shipboard wedding or honeymoon:
- Book early: Cruise weddings are gaining popularity, so make sure you book early to avoid a sold-out sailing. Be mindful of possible holiday surcharges as well. You’ll want to consider the weather and the season when you plan your wedding, as that could affect travel plans. A good idea is to arrive to the port a day early to avoid pre-wedding stress and it also gives you and your party a chance to enjoy the city. And, make sure that you mention to your travel advisor that you are booking your cruise wedding or honeymoon. More often than not, if you mention you’re celebrating something special, it could mean added perks such as a special amenity or a romantic table for two during dining hours.
- Consider a group rate: Booking accommodations as a group ensures that wedding guests get a better rate. This also allows you to turn your wedding into an affordable vacation for all of your family and friends. An All Aboard Travel advisor can find the best rate for you and your group.
- Make sure your marriage is legal: You need a marriage license wherever your ceremony is held. An All Aboard Travel advisor can also help get you in contact with the ship’s wedding coordinator. The wedding coordinator will help you understand the requirements dependent upon where the ceremony will take place.
- Register for a honeymoon cruise fund: Not sure how you’re going to pay for all of this? Forget registering for fancy china and dish towels and consider registering for a honeymoon cruise fund. A registry that is straight to the point helps guests decide what to get you. Designate funds for the cruise fare itself as well as shore excursions and extras. Consider working with your All Aboard Travel advisor on creating a registry for your family and friends.
- Get married in port with friends and family and sail away for your honeymoon: One option is to have your wedding in port aboard the ship before sail away and then wave good-bye to your family and friends for some alone time on your honeymoon cruise. This is less expensive than having a wedding on shore and all the logistics can be arranged by the cruise line from the officiant to the cake and champagne.
- Book a couple’s spa treatment: Take time to relax with a couple’s massage or spa treatment while on board. Couples massages sell out very quickly, though, so prepare in advance and book prior to the cruise if your cruise line offers the option.
“Weddings at sea can be the ultimate in romance, whether that’s tying the knot under a palm tree on a Caribbean island or even on the ship,” said John Lovell, CTC, President of Travel Leaders Network and Leisure Group. “Planning a milestone requires expertise, and an All Aboard Travel advisor can take some of the stress off the couple’s plate to make the big day one to remember.”
For more information on how an All Aboard Travel advisor can help plan your honeymoon or wedding cruise, or for information on future offerings, please contact All Aboard Travel at 800-741-1770 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Aboard Travel is a premier cruise and tour package travel agency dedicated to providing clients with the best value when cruising to destinations all over the world. All Aboard Travel offers exclusive valued cruise packages that typically include reduced airfare with pre- and post- land programs that may consist of hotels, tours and ground transportation. All Aboard Travel has been in business for more than 20 years and is based in Fort Myers, Florida. It is part of Travel Leaders Group, which is the largest traditional travel agency company in North America with more than 7,000 locations
2018: Year of the Travel Agent
Travel Leaders Group has named 2018 Year of the Travel Agent. Over the last decade, the travel agency industry has flourished through technology, the growth of travel options and personalized service. Travel Leaders Group represents approximately 52,000 travel agents with unmatched expertise in 135,000 destinations and 53,000 areas of interest. Travelers and suppliers have rediscovered the value a professional travel advisor delivers to the travel experience. Travel agents help to move people around the world, and keep our economy growing.